POA Circulars

99 | 03.10.2019


If you pay tax, there’s a fairly high chance you’ve paid too much.

If you know what to look for, you might be able to find where HMRC has sent your employer the wrong tax code and sort the problem out yourself. If not, I am pleased to remind you of the service offered by The Tax Refund Company. If you have paid too much, they will help you get your money back from HMRC and have your tax code corrected.

HMRC rules mean it’s your responsibility to check the code they give you is right. If your code is wrong, it is also up to you to arrange for HMRC to correct it. This is not something we can do for you.

However, to do this yourself assumes you understand the PAYE tax rules and would know if your code was wrong. It also assumes you can work out how much they owe you so that you know they have repaid you the correct amount. If this isn’t the case, you might want to take advantage of this service and have your tax codes checked by an expert.

If you do so, the main facts you need to know are…

  • This service is completely FREE if you do not get a refund
  • For every £1 you do get back, you keep 62p (minimum fee£38*)
  • You keep ALL future money you save when you get a new tax code
  • Don’t worry if you haven’t kept your payslips as they can work without them

To apply online, go to www.checkmycode.co.uk/poa or print out this form, fill it in and send it back to the FREEPOST address at the bottom of the form overleaf.

This is your hard-earned money. Why let HMRC keep it?

Yours sincerely



General Secretary

POA Circular 99-2019 - Tax Refund.pdf

pdf, 1M, 03/10/19, 37 downloads